Alexandra Maletta Candeloro M. OMSc (Masters of Osteopathic Manipulative Science)
Alexandra completed her Master’s of Osteopathy education at the Canadian Academy of Osteopathy, excelling in rehabilitation and functional anatomy. Allie is motivated by her patients and feels fortunate to have a career that challenges her to improve the quality of life of every individual that enters her office. Her practice is strongly focused on functional anatomy, physiology, and human biomechanics which allows her to customize her treatment to the specific needs of each patient.
Alexandra Maletta Candeloro joins Sports Chiropractor Dr. Mark Scappaticci, our team of Chiropractors Dr. Greg Gilby, Dr. Matthew Dean, Dr. Jacqueline Ross, Dr. Rebecca Bauer and Physiotherapist, Teresa Tullumello
What is Osteopathy?
Osteopathy is a manual form of therapy which emphasizes the interrelationship between structure and function of the human body. It follows a belief in the body’s ability to self-heal and self-regulate when free from any obstructions, restriction of motion or bony mal-alignment. It focuses on the root cause of pain and dysfunction rather than just the symptoms. This form of therapy looks at the body as a single, integrated unit and through structural manipulation can encourage nervous, circulatory and lymphatic flow as well as have effects on a wide variety of issues such as, but not limited to: back pain, joint pain, nerve pain, muscle pain, headaches, digestive problems, and repetitive strain injuries. Because of osteopathy’s principle to view the body as a whole, gentle manipulation treatment can benefit any person experiencing any type of discomfort or ailment.
- Digestion - Constipation, Bloating, Diarrhea, Irritable bowel symptoms, & detoxification
- Acute and Chronic Pain Digestion - Muscle tension & spasms, joint pain, back pain, TMJ discomfort, sciatic pain, numbness/tingling
- Fatigue - Stress, adrenal support, chronic fatigue symptoms
- General Health - Headaches, migraines, congestion, circulatory/cardiovascular, respiratory, sleep disorders, inflammation, arthritis, & autoimmune
- Women’s Health - Menstrual Pains, ovarian discomfort, & pre/post natal care
- Injuries - Sports injuries, car accidents, postural strain